Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CELTA Day 18 - 2 days left??

*spot me!*

I received a great and not-so-great news at the same time yesterday. I had to resubmit Assignment 4, but I got an S+ for TP7!

For TP7, I had brought in my laptop to show some pictures, but it decided to hang just seconds (literally!) before I had to start. I quickly thought up some questions for the "lead-in" and prayed for strength to continue the lesson as planned (not ez for a perfectionist!).

For the follow-up writing task, I tried out something new by handing the students real mobile phones with pre-typed text messages. Then on a sheet with images of phone with large screens for writing, they had to craft their replies. Worked quite well! :)

Oh, as for the final assignment, Heath was really kind to look at my corrections on the spot and he passed my resubmission there and then. :)


So with only 1 final TP left on Friday, I decided to visit 后海 last night. It's "1a charming area of lakes and hutongs in central Beijing, with a lively nightlife". The latter means hundreds of bars and pubs with great live music. Heinz, my Swiss-born Australian coursemate, joked that you'd have to live in Beijing for 10 years to have visited all of those bars.

After 2 hours of walking with Heinz and grandma in chilly temperatures, I've caught the cold again. :(

1Beijing Guide 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment