Tuesday, October 12, 2010

CELTA Day 2 - One down, Seven to Go

I had to submit my lesson plan to my tutor by 1pm today, but I was still not ready at noon (the morning's teacher-training lesson ran past time). I grabbed McDonald's for lunch, ditched the laptop and printing and opted for the traditional hand scribble...

All in and ready for my first Teaching Practice (TP) by 1.30pm.

Andrew, the New Zealander, was to take the first 40min. I was up next, followed by Judy from the UK.

Each TP is observed by one tutor and 5 of your fellow trainees. The assessment grade can be:

N = Not to Standard
S = To Standard
S+ = Above Standard

The most crucial part of each TP is not in the grade but in the detailed feedback provided by all of your observers as well as your self-reflection. I've gained several pointers that I intend to work on explicitly for Thursday's 2nd TP.

And for the record, it was an "S" grade for me. Thank God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment