Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CELTA Day 8 - Done with Intermediate!

Assignment 1 - Passed
TP1 to 4 - straight "S"

My aim for TP4 was to stage a successful listening lesson + a speaking practice, and I met that. But I could have done more for the listening (pitch the Qs to a higher level, play the tape again while keeping the students engaged) and not find myself dragging the speaking component cos there was so much time left for the 60min lesson! I tend to underplan - so I've got to work on that when I begin to teach the Elementary group next week.

Feedback for my first 3 TPs was that I spoke too fast. I wasn't convinced until I actually heard a recording of my own teaching! Felt stressed even listening to it... :P

Thing is, when I slow down (which I did today), my energy level goes down, and that's my strong point! Ironic.

***
Someone dropped out of the course today :(

I reflected on my own progress through these 8 days, and kinda concluded that I'm going slow and steady. I don't peak at the beginning and die a quick death, neither am I progressing so well I'm gonna pull an "A" stunt at the end.

Can't stress how much I'm getting out of this amazing course. Wanna teach? Do CELTA!


1 comment:

  1. They looked weird and dressed for Haloween haha..

    ReplyDelete